Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Week With Hope

My dear friend Katrina recently had her second child and although the Lord was wonderful in helping her have a natural birth (since Hope was a C-section), problems arose once beautiful little Maddie arrived in the world. Oh but Maddie is perfect and healthy, it's Katrina I'm referring to. She wasn't properly supported by the nurse as she made her way from the bathroom to her bed and when she fainted, she knocked her front teeth out on the floor! I know, can you believe that happened? Terrible! Along with that Katrina developed mastitis. With all that happening, Katrina needed to rest and take care of her newborn baby. That's where I came in. Hope and I were playmates from Monday morning until

Thursday evening. We had lots of fun and it was a really good learning experience for me. It was a glimpse of what it would be like to be a mommy and if I must say, it was a FUN but TIRING week. Phew! I was thrilled to be a blessing to Joe and Katrina though and mommy is doing Much better, Thank you GOD!







1 comment:

k.mart said...

Zirbels in the words of Hope, "We wuv ew!!" You are such amazing people and we thank God continually for the opportunity we've had to become friends. And Cancun... what amazing pics!!! Cannot wait to hear all the stories to go with them when we get back!