Friday, September 12, 2008

Vegas Update

Things are in motion, and moving forward more quickly than we anticipated, but we ARE excited! Some things have happened during this last week that has confirmed that God is calling us to get going. I'll give you a little background so the pieces come together better.

Just before I moved to TN (5 years ago now), I was waitressing in my college town and served a very kind middle-aged couple. I noticed them pray over their food and in casual conversation I asked them if they were Christians. Sure enough! I then had the opportunity to share with them what God was calling me to in TN and I had only just found out that I was accepted. They gave me their address and asked me to keep them updated with my newsletters. It just so happened that they were passing through one more time when I was working one of my last shifts and I was able to sit down and have a meal with them, quite a pleasant surprise. They told me they live in Henderson, Nevada and travel to MT during the summers. Little did I know at that time that God would lead me (with a husband too!) to Las Vegas, right into the neighborhood of my friends Jan and Don. When I sent them the T.P.E. newsletter they were very excited and asked when we were coming! We didn't know, but were looking at 2-3 months. God hadn't revealed the WHEN although we had been asking for months. Well, they have offered their home to us and we're seeking confirmation that this is the door God has for us.

Monne and the Nidiffer family are currently in Florida for their much deserved, 2-3 week vacation. They are all moved out to Vegas into Georgia and Monne's house. Eric and Brenda are waiting to find out if the house they made an offer on will be accepted. Originally we planned to move out there when Eric and his family got into their own place and we would move into Monne's house until we got a place of our own. We're asking God to provide a house of our own, which is the desire of our hearts, and He'll provide in His perfect timing. But until then, we're so thankful for God allowing us to be together and working as a team to see Turning Point Experience come to fruition.

Monne and Georgia are flying to Nashville from Florida to pick up their last load of things and their other car and will then drive back to Las Vegas (while Eric and his family are going to fly straight back). Zach and I were talking about driving with the Monne and Georgia when they headed out West and without discussing that with Monne, he mentioned on the phone yesterday that it would be a good idea to caravan together. That sounds like confirmation to me. And it will be important to get there as soon as possible because the promo movie is being filmed in CA the first weekend of October and we want to be there for that.

There are plenty more details of connections and God's people coming together at such a time as this but for now, that's the jist of it. Thank you for your prayers and for joining us on this great adventure!

~The Zirbels

2 comments:

k.mart said...

Blog looks AWESOME! Don't know whether to cry or cheer at this post... but since it's for the Lord, which is so obvious, suppose we'll do a little of both. Want to get together this weekend?

Samuel Brizuela said...

sounds good!