Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Exciting Times!

I think you will all be excited about what I'm going to tell you...No, I'm not pregnant, lol. BUT, much to my surprise, over the last couple months, and more specifically, in the last two weeks, God has completely changed my heart toward having children. As most of you likely know, the whole first year of our marriage I was not even wanting to talk about having kids because I was "far from ready." Well, after spending quite a lot of time with my little friend Hope Martin, serving in the church nursery, AND being a caretaker for the Moore family, I feel excited and ready whenever the Lord would give us the peace that it was time to begin trying.

The Lord spoke to my heart late in the evening as we were driving on the second day of our journey to Vegas and the next day I told Zach about it. I smiled with tears streaming down my cheeks, mostly because I was amazed at how God had moved on my heart but also at the joy of thinking about having a child of my own! What a transformation. AND, last night we went to our first small group and the folks there have been praying for us a long time because Jan has kept them up to date with our lives of ministry. Well, one of the pastors was in the small group (I didn't know he was a pastor until later) and as they prayed over us, he told us in private that the Lord gave him a vision of a baby and a home for us. Keeping in mind that this gentleman knew Nothing about our living situation or the things God has been speaking to my heart so it was really neat to have that confirmation. God is blessings us in our obedience and we are so humbled to be a part of this enormous undertaking that TPE is embarking on. Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Hightowerz said...

Wow- I am excited for you!! Right before I found out I was pregnant with Cadan I saw a reflection of myself in a store window and in the reflection for a brief second I looked about 6 months pregnant. My spirit lept and I remember the Lord stirring my heart to have a baby--I found out I was pregnant about a week later. So-may the Lord bless you in His perfect timing...until then we will be watching the blog for any announcements. :)

Becca

k.mart said...

What a revelation... amazing!! I again second the answer of His perfect timing. You two will be incredible parents with blessed, beyond blessed, kiddos. Hope and Maddie just hope you move back so everyone call be playmates. LOL! Love you guys!

k.mart said...

*can be playmates... sorry, i'm still on pain meds! :)